Welcome to my blog!
My experiences with keeping fancy rats, and up-to-date news of my current ratty girls; Nova and Freya..

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Freya heals, Four days without mum, and warm days arrive..

Not updated for a while. It's been crazy busy here.
Freya had her final post-spay check-up, and passed with flying colours.. almost.. (a rogue stitch needed trimming) she's now almost completely healed, and her fur is growing back.
Huge sighs of relief!

I went for a break last weekend down to the south-east to visit my family, and the girls were left with someone I completely trust. This didn't stop me ringing for updates, and issuing instructions down the phone like an Army Officer.

On my return, they were pleased to see me, but I realised just how much they missed me the next day..
Good morning kisses were a frenzy. Their routine of breakfast - snack - and warm evening meal was the most excitable and frantic it has ever been. Free range time was a full-on pampering session with manicure, eyebrow trimming, and my hands and cheeks covered in ratty licks.
*JOY* =D

Freya is already gaining weight, and has all but lost that skittish, nervous side of her nature.
Missing a few days of this transformation, then coming back to find my not-quite-so-tiny girl climbing the bars of the cage to greet me, was pretty surreal.
I still maintain, despite our drama, that rat spaying has an incredible effect on them, quite aside from the many health benefits. My opinion has not been changed.

Right now the ladies are in the back garden, in some shade, enjoying the unexpected warm breeze. (UK weather has been nuts this year - where did winter go? O_o)
They are lying eyes half closed, wind ruffling their fur, and looking adorable.
My daughter is on duty keeping an eye on them, while doing some homework, although judging by the giggles, I suspect less homework is being completed than usual...
Have a great weekend, wherever you are.
Deplume xx


Sunbathing Nova.. ^_^