Welcome to my blog!
My experiences with keeping fancy rats, and up-to-date news of my current ratty girls; Nova and Freya..

Friday 9 March 2012

Freya the (small but) mighty!!

Freya is home!! She had a very rough day yesterday.
She came out of her op fine, but then started spotting blood.
A nurse checked on her 15 mins later, and blood was oozing through the wound.
She had to go under, and be opened up again, washed out with saline, and then the bleeding stopped.
Put under, and opened up twice! Poor little girl..
She's been eating and drinking, staying warm, and I've been giving her pain relief, but she still seems very sore. It looks like she's lost some weight, she seems so tired and fragile, and I'm looking at her now, wondering how on earth she made it through. She's got some spirit for one so small!
Her wound is also a bit of a mess, and will probably scar a lot more than Novas did, but it's to be expected, and the last thing Freya has to worry about right now.

The vet said it was very unlucky, and they could spay lots of rats, and not have it happen.
She said she'd still recommend spays, and hopes it hasn't put me off.
I don't know what to think at the moment. I'm just so glad she pulled through. xx


 Poor Poorly Freya! :(